Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sparkle & Shine

I love things that sparkle. In fact I have never gotten over that feeling I got as a little girl when I got pretty things with rhinestones and glitter. So the opportunity to get all gussied up and layer on the sparkle is right up my alley.


This holiday please do not skimp on the shine, when it comes to your makeup. A few weeks back I wrote about two of Lorac's Holiday Eye Palettes and if you picked them up, a holiday party is the perfect time to show them off.


My best buddy themakeupgirl loves Bobbi Brown's Diamond Dust shadow which comes in three luxurious shades, Pink Metal, Platinum and Snowflake. They are great as an accent to Bobbi Brown's Shadows in Cocoa or Cement which is sure to get you noticed.


For liners, Ms. Julia of All About the Pretty suggested Urban Decay's Glide-On Eye Pencil in Honey, a rich 24 carat gold or Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink. Both are waterproof and will leave you looking flawlessly put together for your event.


Until recently, I have been purchasing gold shadow's at an alarming rate. Something about the way they sparkle with the right bronzer or the way that they highlight the perfect outfit is just perfect. I was recently in my safe haven Sephora and spotted Vincent Longo's Wet Diamond Eyeshadow in Concerto, a fabulous sparkling charcoal. I haven’t had a beautiful silvery shade in years and this one is a must add to my shadow collection.


As the name suggests, Wet Diamond Shadow's can be worn wet for a cream shadow look or dry as a beautiful sheer accent. There are 12 gorgeous shades all perfect for whatever pretty party ensemble you wear. I have always loved shadows with versatility and of course anything that sparkles.


Those pretty sparkles are just waiting for their debut so go show them off!

0 comments: