Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Events


As we venture into December, there are a few things to remember before we all get out our Holiday best. First ladies, its super important to have your look picked out before your holiday event arrives. I have a good friend who was out searching for her holiday wrap at the eleventh hour. This type of thing can throw a monkey wrench in your outfit plans. Wherever you go, you want to be stylish and unique and its really not impossible to do.
Perhaps you are attending an office function or a holiday get together with friends. The key is to keep it classic while showing off your personality. I just attended a semi-formal/cocktail dress office event, and everyone was dressed beautifully, but a few weeks earlier I attended a black tie industry event where more than a few attendees had me scratching my head. Just for clarification purposes, black tie for women means formal, and formal does not include summer sandals, spandex or anything one-piece that’s involves white gauchos. These are things I have seen with my own eyes ladies and they are frightful!

There are a lot of great places to go for your holiday look this season. You don’t have to break your budget to look nice either. Banana Republic has some great event dresses and tops this year. Red is definitely on the radar for hot holiday looks. New York & Company also has some great pieces and cute costume accessories to glam up your holiday get together. Macy’s shoe department is filled with sexy party shoes and sophisticated pumps in an array of colors. I was in The Limited a few weeks ago and saw some extra cute clutches and evening bags that would be the perfect complement to your holiday outfit. While I was scanning my Lucky magazine yesterday I came across an ad for Wal-Mart’s Metro7 line which also offers holiday looks at a cost conscious price. See ladies there are plenty of looks to choose from so there is no excuse what so ever for me to catch you out in the street wearing that one piece gaucho outfit with summer sandals.
Happy Shopping!

0 comments: