Sunday, June 15, 2008

Explosive Discovery

So last week I made my monthly pilgrimage to the MAC store to get my all time favorite foundation Studio Tech. I took my friend Erica and of course we were looking at all the great new summer products that MAC has to offer, when I noticed this little tub of black goo. I couldn't figure out what the stuff was at first, so I sent Erica over to inspect.


She opened the jar and seemed intrigued. A minute later she returned and said that it was a Volcanic Ash Exfoliant. Now I have tried plenty of exfoliants, and plenty of products that contain volcanic ash, but never the two combined.

My gracious MAC associate came over and demonstrated its powers on the back of my hand. A little water, a little exfoliant and a quick gentle rub or two. I was concerned at first because I have sensitive skin and though I love some of the dermabrasion properties of exfoliants, some can just be way too harsh.

The product started sort of gritty but vanished into a sort of smooth mud like consistency. Once I removed the remaining product, I was left with buttery baby soft skin and at that moment I was a believer. It was fabulous. Of course I bought a jar and it is amazing trust me when I tell you. I did a little research and found out that its a blend of natural Volcanic Ash with fine sugar crystals from the islands of Vanuatu.

The MakeupGirl and I were discussing it this weekend and she was telling me her experience with the Volcanic Ash Exfoliant and how soft it had made her elbows. Basically neither of us could say enough about how great this product is. Its just one of the fabulous products in MAC's new Future Earth line, which also includes Prep&Prime microfine lip refinisher and Charged Water hydrating mist.

Its just in time for summer and perfect to instantly soften your skin. I don't know how long it will be around so I am going to purchase another jar ASAP. Join me wont you.

3 comments:

Meaghan said...

If you can find it pick up some more!!! It's next to impossible to find now (Mac Online, Nordies, and Macy's have all sold out completely!)

The App Goddess said...

I'd love to try this! My wallet just can't deal right now:(

Anonymous said...

ebay has some!