Sunday, February 24, 2008

Go Nude


So MAC has a few new collections that I have been toying with over the last few weeks. The first is their new N collection which is N for nude. I have always tried to wear makeup without looking like I was completely made up. I love a great nude lip and even more a great flawless finish face without adding too much color. You can still stop traffic without going all out, and with this collection you'll do just that.


I spent a little time getting to know the N collection of lip sticks, lip glasses, liners and shadows by having the most trusted critics I know test them out. Of course I mean my girlfriends and my family members, because let me tell you these ladies know their stuff and wont have their heads turned by just any old cosmetic. While my mother and her sisters were excited about the prospect of creating soft beautiful looks with neutral natural colors, my friends were instantly skeptical. They were looking for that pop and wow factor that shine and color give you especially here in the dead of winter. No one wanted to look any more washed out than the complections that winter had already given them. They were to say the least, not amused.


I was persistent though, and I tried to impart the beauty that could be achieved by simply accenting ones own natural tones and colors. The great thing about this line is that its not just nude. It isn't made to wash you out, it incorporates tons of shine and understated color to give you the fresh faced beauty we all crave.


Take for instance the instant love of 3N lipglass. Everyone and I do mean everyone of every skin tone that I tested this on was instantly in love. Darker tones were given a subtle coffee creme gloss with a hint of rose. Lighter skin tones love how beautifully natural it made their lips look, like a beautiful soft stained rose.


The paint pots as always were an instant hit, and Quite Natural was the fave of the group. There are five great lipsticks and everyone found their perfect shade easily. The shadows of course were the biggest hit, my personal favorite which I have worn almost every single day since I got it is Rich Flesh. Just a hint of color, which I wear during the day as my primary eye color and at night to add a soft dramatic accent.


MAC has thought of everything with this line, and not just from a color standpoint. They also introduced the N Collection for face, which includes beautiful new natural Mineralize Skinfinishes. Gorgeous matte, translucent color which goes on soft and is great for touching up or giving you that fabulous neutral glow.


I know I always say you have to try this stuff but I am serious about this. I absolutely love it. I don't know how long its going to be around, so of course I have stocked up, but so should you. Go by the MAC store, give it a try and don't be afraid to go nude, your natural beauty will thank you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with the nude lip. I think more heavy eyes with a nude lip and some gloss is hot.

Avin said...

Nikki,

I totally agree! I have been a fan of dramatic eyes and nude lips for years now. That look is an instant favorite!

nilla cookie said...

N has been one of my favorite collections from this season! I really love wearing nude lips - 2N lipglass is my favorite :)

BeautyTalk said...

I totally loved this collection especially the Skinfinish in medium dark.

BeautyPopStar said...

I love your blog and added it to my list... link back if you like mine.

BeautyPopStar said...

I love Mac. I went to Selfridges the other day and the only area really buzzing and happy was the Mac stand. It was full of colourful people having fun with their makeup.

Anonymous said...

Really cool look, i would rather say that it is a sure-fire variant.

Ugochi said...

come back soon!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

fashionstyleme.com said...

I love MAC!