Monday, September 17, 2007

Real Beauty At The Emmy's

Last night the Emmy's were on and as Award shows go, they were entertaining. Every year I tune in to catch the red carpet, and see what the stars are wearing. From the jewels to the gowns everyone is perfectly coiffed...well almost everyone, but that's not important. I am always interested in who's hair and makeup is flawless, but this year I was particularly interested in one person.
I got word about two weeks ago that the super talented and naturally gorgeous Ali Larter from Heroes had teamed up with Dove and their Campaign for Real Beauty and was going to do her own hair for the 59th Annual Primetime Emmy® Awards this year using Dove Hair Care products. I have to tell you that when I heard about it I was a little nervous for her, but seeing as how I know first hand that Dove has great hair products, I figured she couldn't go wrong. Not only did she want to take a stand for "real beauty" but she chose Dove to help her convey that message to the public.

In an interview with Dove about her upcoming appearance on the Emmy's, Ali said "There is a lot of work that goes into Hollywood hair and I want women to know that it is unrealistic for every day." "I am going to go out on a limb by doing my own hair for the Emmys without any stylists. I am going to use Dove Hair Care products for five days, get my hair in great shape and I am going to rock the red carpet. I am doing all of this to help women realize the potential of their own hair and feel more confident every day."
What a great positive message for women and girls everywhere, and what a glowing endorsement for Dove Hair Care. So, last night I tuned in to the red carpet to see just what would come of Ali's promise. Of course she looked amazing. Her hair was beautiful, healthy and shiny and wow that dress! She didn't try to make it difficult, or super intricate. She just went with a beautiful sleek look that accentuated her beauty. I looked this morning and she was listed on many of the Emmy's "Best Dressed" lists and I wasn't surprised, see for yourself.



This is a list of the Dove products that helped Ali produce her show stopping tresses for the red carpet.


Advanced Color Care Shampoo for Lightened or Highlighted Hair
Advanced Color Care Conditioner for Lightened or Highlighted Hair
Advanced Color Care Luminizing Mist for Lightened or Highlighted Hair
Body & Lift Volumizing Mousse
Smooth & Soft Anti-Frizz Finishing Cream
Flexible Hold Hairspray (Aerosol)

All of these Dove products are available to every woman whether you are creating a red carpet look of your own, or you just want beautiful shiny hair. I love that Dove is so affordable too so that I don't spend my entire paycheck trying to get cute. Of course I've said it before but I am a huge fan of Dove products because they are simple and effective, and of course you know I love anything that makes my life easier.

Also, check out http://www.doveloveyourhair.com.Dove is running an online ad contest. Just upload a photo of yourself and answer a few questions about hair. You'll create your own print ad that might be selected to run in Hearst magazines this fall. Just think, you could be the face of "real beauty" too. Enjoy!

0 comments: