Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Beauty Biology

Okay Ladies, so you know every once in a while I give you the scoop on something extra fab with a extra high price tag. Today would be that day. You know I am all about giving you the real deal on things you can afford, and I know some of you ladies are doing extra big things on your day jobs, so perhaps its just little old me that cant afford certain products.


I was given the opportunity to test out a facial serum a few weeks ago that is made from marine enzymes from the coastal shores of Iceland. I know, I scratched my head too, but give me a moment to clarify. Dr. Bragi, a professor of Biochemistry at the University of Iceland developed this patented age management marine enzyme serum to combat the signs of aging.


Just a small amount daily helps to smooth and refine skins surface cells. It moisturizes and removes dull surface cells while helping to relieve inflammation and irritations. I am always so nervous about skin serums because I have such sensitive skin, but I had no trouble using the Marine Enzyme serum. It was very gentle to my skin and I didn't break out from it at all. Apparently its both artificial additive and chemical free and non-greasy which is always where I seem to have the most problems with skin products.


According to Dr. Bragi's website the enzyme is found in the depths of the ocean where temperatures are extremely low, so it becomes super-active when warmed by body heat, making its able to penetrate deep into skin. I did find that after a week my skin was noticeably smoother and softer. I don't know about its wrinkle reduction ability, as I don't have any wrinkles yet, but I am sure if I did they would be greatly reduced....I hope.


So, now you are thinking about where you might be able to get this wonderful serum. Well first, let me point out that its great, but I suggest requesting a sample of it from Dr. Bragi's website before you go plunk down your money. You can purchase the Marine Enzyme at Bliss.com for $240. Now, I couldn't tell from either website just how much serum you get for your money, as they didn't give a quantity in ounces, but perhaps I just overlooked it.


If you want to do a little more reading on Dr. Bragi or his Marine Enzyme you can check it out here. http://www.drbragi.com/


Enjoy!

0 comments: