Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dove Day Two


In keeping with my Dove Day's theme this week, I wanted to talk about a new Dove product I tried out recently. I love the feeling of clean, beautiful skin. I also love a hard working product like Dove. Dove is always packed with moisturizers and gently cleanses my skin to a flawless finish.

When I was in the store the other day I spied Dove Skin Vitalizer on the shelf. Skin Vitalizer is a facial cleanser/massager that uses soft cleansing pillows that massage away dirt, oil and makeup. The Skin Vitalizer came with three double sided cleansing pillows. There is a textured side for exfoliation and a soft side for gentle cleansing. You wet the pillow just slightly and you are off and running the Skin Vitalizer does the work.

The wand is easy to hold and you don't have to hold down the button for operation. Just one press and it cleans and massages your skin until you are ready to stop. You can even use the same pad to exfoliate first, and then softly cleanse, just flip it over. When you are finished, toss the pillow and rinse your face with warm water.

You can use it with or without removing your makeup first, but when I attempted to use it with a fully made up face, I found myself with what looked like cappuccino foam on the pad. This made me re-think using the other side as I didn't want to re-distribute any of what I removed. I also think I used a little too much water the first time to activate the pillow. A few drops of warm water is sufficient, any more than a 1/2 teaspoon is going to be way too much, and will dribble down your chin. Once I got the hang of things it was beyond easy.

The result is glowing soft skin that looks and feels renewed. I love the ease of use, but I am really a fan of how beautiful my skin was after just one use, my skin felt squeaky clean and fresh. You can even buy refill pillows for gentle exfoliation or Dove Energy Glow. This is basically my new skin ritual and it literally takes me 3 minutes. If I want to exfoliate my skin, I don't have to dig around for several different products, I can just grab the Skin Vitalizer.

Pick one up where you purchase any of your favorite Dove products and of course its affordable because its Dove, and you know they never force you to pay a whole lot for great skin.

0 comments: