Friday, February 23, 2007

MAC Studio Tech

I was talking with a good girlfriend who mentioned that her makeup needs had changed over the past year. She is fast approaching 30 and has had to endure a few not so gracious comments about looking “tired” and though she loves makeup (MAC specifically) she has never been the type to wear foundation or concealer.

I on the other hand have not been able to leave my home without a decent under eye concealer in a few years. Not to mention I am a big believer in even skin so I am a religious user of foundation.

I used to be a faithful user of MAC Studio Fix until I was recently introduced to Studio Tech. Studio Tech comes in their standard compact but is a moist foundation that dries to a powder finish. Its applied with the included sponge or with a compact round foundation brush for smoother application.

When I tried it out the MAC artist got a small plastic dish and scooped a little of the Studio Tech into it, and about a half a teaspoon of water. She whisked it around with the brush to a smooth consistency and applied using circular strokes. The result was flawless and luminous. My skin was soft and supple without being too moist, and it didn’t cake or clump. Its even buildable coverage that I so desperately needed and I never have to worry that its uneven it lasts all day. It literally takes me 5 minutes to apply it, and run out of the house. Finish with a quick dusting of Select Sheer Pressed Powder and I am finished and looking fabulously natural.

So if you are the type that feels like you just don’t have enough time in the morning to put on your foundation please consider Studio Tech. I highly recommend it for a natural look without all the hassle and drama that comes with liquid foundations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Studio Tech. It's the only foundation I use when I'm onstage.

Anden76 said...

I'm the Studio Fix user. Looking fwd to try the Studio Tech. Based on your review, I can't hardly wait for any more minute to get it...Good review^_^

Anonymous said...

Studio Tech is my choice of foundation in the winter/drier months. The coverage is wonderful!