Monday, November 06, 2006

You Get What You Pay For


Its funny what you can stumble across in the course of your day. A few weeks ago I ordered something small from the Neiman Marcus website, and they threw in a free gift. I free gift from Chanel sounded like an oxymoron but I figured I might give it a test run. The free product was Chanel's Sublimage Essential Regenerating Cream. It came in a tiny little glass container and the tiny little insert that came with it read "Skin becomes beautifully taut. Silken and supple. Glowing with the look of good health". Its made from the Vanilla Planifolia plant found in farthest reaches of Madagascar.

So last week I started dabbing on a little (very little) under and around my eyes, on my forehead and where my laugh lines will be some day soon. The first thing I noticed was that it made my skin unbelievably soft and supple. I didn’t really see taut, but I was going to bed and who needs to be taut while they sleep? This morning, after my 5th evening of dabbing, I realized how smooth and line free my skin looked. I was shocked! Well, maybe not THAT shocked this stuff is Chanel. My skin is soft all day, and I venture to say that the texture has changed as well. Its just an overall improvement in look and feel.

So when I got into the office this morning I decided to see how much my "free" gift is regular priced. I am so sorry I did. A 1.7 ounce jar is $350!! Who can afford that? I sure cant. So ladies while I love the results, I just don’t have that kind of disposable income and I don’t know many ladies that do. Basically, Sublimage is great if you have the cash for it, and it does what it claims to do, without causing breakouts, but unless you are willing to head your own expedition to Madagascar, its gonna cost you. My next assignment is to find out what works just as well for considerably less. Today's product must have a cost conscious cousin that I can use, and when I find it I will report back. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, please do find something else. That sounds amazing, but I agree...who can afford that?!?

Unknown said...

Avin!!

I am loving your new blog girl! I've been out of commission for awhile, so forgive me if this has been up for a bit.

That said, you can definitely get the same results for under $350! Don't get me started on Chanel...

Avin said...

I might decide to make this a call to action for my beauty blogger gals. This stuff is amazing, but it cant be the only product out there.

Julia said...

Avin, I think that's way too much money, even Sisley's eye cream is cheaper. I like Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream. Also check out the Eye Balm. Estee Lauder usually has great eye care products. $350 can buy a lot more beauty. Happy hunting, let us know what you find.

Laura said...

Ok, can you tell the price Up Front, so we don't get all hooked on wanting it before we realize that regular women can't have it.