Monday, November 20, 2006

The Moisture Chronicles - Bath Time


As the holidays approach and we all start scurrying about to locate that perfect Christmas gift lets not forget to take good care of ourselves inside and out. My last post was on the wonders of moisturizers for your face, but there are plenty of areas that require moisture during the harsh winter months. Today I speak specifically about bath time moisture.

Its very hard to keep your skin soft and supple during the winter, but there are a few products that I have had wonderful luck with. I love my scented body washes, but most don’t afford me the type of moisture I really need during the winter. I keep a big bottle of Olay Complete Body Wash for Extra Dry Skin in my shower and in my gym bag all winter. Its a tried and true favorite that isn’t greasy and wont leave you feeling dry like soap. It has Shea Butter and we all know how great that is for thirsty skin. I usually follow up with Olay Moisturinse In Shower Body Lotion Deep Moisturization for Extra Dry Skin. This stuff is amazing, its like body conditioner. It rinses clean and smells amazing.

A few years ago I stumbled upon Palmers Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Body Oil in the local CVS. I have been a user of Palmers products since I was a little girl and a big fan of after shower body oil application. The oil is light and sweet smelling but not too sweet. Its like baby oil but a thinner consistency. It soaks in quickly and leaves your skin soft all day long. I use it year round, but its the type of product that lasts until you take off your clothes at the end of the day so "the boyfriend" is a HUGE fan of this one. If only I could get him to use it instead of Zest but I guess not everyone is as concerned with moisture as I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't use the oil, but I use the Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream that comes in the big tub. Best moisturization ever, I smell good and it lasts all day.

lcf said...

My skini s extra extra thirsty when it gets cold outside. I haven't tried the Palmer's oil either....might need to stop and pick that one up...LOL