Saturday, November 18, 2006

Protect Your Neck...

and face ladies! Moisturizer is the key. Okay so you all know this and I am not telling you anything different or wonderful, but as Jack Frost takes over our respective cities, now more than ever it is so important to be well moisturized. The elements can have a lasting and harsh effect on our tender beautiful skin during those winter months.

This morning in my haste to get to our local Dutch Country Farmers Market, I neglected to apply my moisturizer combo. What a mistake that was. There is nothing worse than looking ashy in public even if all you are trying to do is by some bacon and fresh baked bread. Of course I try not to do this on a daily basis. My skin as I age will never forgive me for my youthful indiscretions. I try to do two things. I always apply a great sensitive skin moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher as a base and follow up with a thicker more protective one that will last on my skin all day.

I know you are thinking "why two?" Fair enough. I have yet to find a better day moisturizer than MAC Studio Fix Moisturizer. I love how it makes my skin look and feel. It also keeps my makeup looking flawless. Its fabulous, however it does NOT contain SPF a huge no-no. I love my Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 for its sun blocking and lack of irritation however by the time I get downstairs in the morning my skin feels dry as a bone. Silly I know, but you are also talking to the same woman who uses both soap and a body wash in her daily routine.

Of course you can skip all this dual moisturizing by grabbing some cost friendly alternatives Dove has several moisturizers with SPF. Olay has Reginerist UV Defense Regenerating Lotion and Philosophy's When Hope is Not Enough offers SPF 20. There are plenty of products that can keep you looking beautiful all winter long. So don’t let me catch you ladies out there looking dry and windblown...and I will try not to let you catch me either!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes..yes..yes! Speak sister!! I just slathered my Hope in a Jar on this morning.