Saturday, October 28, 2006

What's That Smell?

















Everyone who knows me knows that I am a fragrance girl. I love a new pretty fragrance, and I came by my love honestly. My mother is the original fragrance girl (I mean woman, dont you tell her I called her a girl) who has spent a lifetime collecting fragances of all types. I remember being the only 7th grader wearing perfume that wasnt Charlie or Jordache. I my friends was a teenage perfume snob who saved her allowance to buy bottles of Diva by Ungaro, Coco Chanel and Carolina Herrera. I just simply didnt want to smell like everyone else. Weird right? Even little Avin was a huge cosmetics nut.

These days I typically like to keep my fragrances light and airy especially during the summer, but as the weather changes I like a slightly heavier group to choose from. My everyday fragrance is Philosophy's Pure Grace. Its something I just cant go wrong with. Its perfect alone any day, and just light enough to dissapear under a heavier fragrance for a midday meeting or an after work dinner date. A great matches are Miss Dior Cherie, Lancome's Miracle, or Kate Spade.

As the weather changes I am excited to start wearing some of my favorites again. I've been itching to wear my Lolita Limpika, and Angel and I am excited to add some new fragrances to the collection. My good friend Kenya is a big fan of DKNY Red Delicious and my mom has been angling for her own bottle of Prada for Christmas. I am headed to Sephora tomorrow to see just what is new and worthy of my pennies. Perhaps it will be Insolence by Guerlain or Vera Wang's Princess. I promise a full report on Fall's best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Grace fragrances. Really light and floaty.

Unknown said...

I think we could be perfume twins. :) I've started wearing Amazing Grace for an everyday scent but I absolutely love Lolita Lempika. I'm a big fan of Cashmere Mist as well.

Avin said...

Carla I was just in Sephora today and they had the mini (not sample) bottles of Amazing grace up near the front counter. They are perfectly purse sized so you know I had to get a few. I thought I was the only person in love with Lolita Lempika. Good to know I have a fragrance twin.

Laura said...

I was going say I told you we were twins but Carla stole my line. So we must be triplets and I know that is so after Carla mentioned Cashmere mist. Right now I am bouncing back and forth between Grace and Mist...