Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tricks & Treats














Okay ladies, I know its All Hallows Eve but lets not overdo it with the makeup. I know some of you are going to want to test out your skills this evening and that’s great, (go ahead be bold with it) but your everyday makeup should not send chills up the spines of your coworkers. I haven’t seen anything particularly frightful today, but the day isn’t over and there is bound to be someone wearing a shade of blue eye shadow scarier than any slasher film.

My product pick for today is Mary Kay Satin Lips set which consists of the Lip Mask and Lip Balm. I hear you all squirming out there, YES Mary Kay. Now I am not a huge fan of their hard sell tactics but I do LOVE these two products. I simply could not go through a harsh Maryland winter without them. The Lip mask contains gentle buffing beads that help slough off the dead skin that make uniform application of lipstick so difficult.

The Lip Balm is my saving grace. clear and smooth its a non-greasy colorless formula that instantly smoothes the roughest lips, protects against the elements, and works fabulously under any lipstick, gloss or stain without wearing off or changing the consistency of what you've applied. I usually carry at least one tube with me all year long because its not just a winter product, its great for summer too.













I put some on under my lip color this morning at 7:45 (MAC lip pencil in Swirl, MAC Lipstick in Double Shot, Lusterglass in Beaux) and two meetings and two cups of Green Tea later, my lips are still silky smooth and soft. You don’t have to use much either, a little goes a long way trust me!

So save your lips ladies, stop using that drugstore lip moisturizer at the bottom of your purse and invest in this set and at $18 how could you go wrong?! Your lovely lips will thank you! Oh and the link to Mary Kay comes up under a wonderful lady who wont give you the hard sell either. How do I know? She's "the boyfriend's" mom of course! I couldn’t have wished for a better potential mother-in-law than a fellow beauty addict!! We beauty product gals have to stick together!

4 comments:

Shannon Nelson said...

I feel honored to see both my beauty blogs in your blogroll. :)

~Shannon
(A Girl's Gotta Spa!
Makeup Minute)

Avin said...

I am honored that you guys have welcomed me so warmly being the semi new kid on the block. I am a HUGE fan of your blog.

Atiyah said...

APA here. I was looking at these items on the Mary Kay site yesterday. Now that you have given them good reviews I will have to try them out myself.

Avin said...

Great to meet you (sort of) finally Ms. APA! I really think both of these products are great finds. Bmorecutie of Bmoresthoughts first hipped me to Satin Lips back in 2003, and I've been hooked ever since.