Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Natural & Organic Beauty

So now that I have decided to grow my hair out, and stop using heat on a regular basis its been a struggle to keep it healthy and moisturized, and frankly almost everything I use to keep my curls from turning into a head full of poodle makes my hair dry and brittle. If I try to add moisture or oil, my curls come out limp and lifeless. Its a real problem. So between curly days I have been using Jamaican Black Castor oil to moisturize my hair and the difference is noticable. My favorite is made by Sunny Isle and you can get it in a variety of sizes and scents but my favorite is the extra dark. It makes my hair baby soft. I usually wash my hair and massage it in thick at the root and down the shaft. Then I pin my hair up for a few hours and rinse it out or use it as a hot oil treatment. Its fantastic. You can get an 8oz bottle from Sunny Isle for about $12.



Not only that but I understand that it promotes hair growth, which at this rate works for me. My hair hasnt been this long since 7th grade. Which has been great for my new workout groove. All ponytails all the time.

Speaking of my foray into Mixed Martial arts. The workouts are brutal and both the mats and the sweat are giving my skin a beating this winter. No matter how well disinfected those mats are, you are still working out on or in close contact with other folks sweat.  No one wants something icky from a mat right? That's why after my trainer puts me through the ringer I shower with Abike's Alata, the original black soap. This stuff works to to treat rashes, acne, eczema, dandruff, ring worm, eczema and also as a natural hair shampoo to avoid itchy and dry scalps. This therapeutic powerhouse has medicinal benefits that you cant get from any old bar of soap. Who says you cant be tough and look fantastic doing it?

0 comments: