Monday, February 08, 2010

Signs of Spring





If you are anywhere near the DC Metropolitan area like I am, you are craving any hint of spring. I just spent the last 4 days being burried in and digging out of the blizzard of 2010 or what has been affectionatly trended on twitter as #snOMG and #snotoriousBIG. Spring cant get here fast enough for me, especially since we are expecting another storm tomorrow. So I was just on MAC’s website and their new Spring Colour Forecasts are out. Of course there is a color palate to compliment any MAC girl. Spring Colour Forecast one is filled with beautiful pink shades and forecast 2 is perfect for the girl who loved coral. My friend Erica (who I mention often) is one of those girls. Corals just seem to come to life when she wears them. They are a perfect match for her hair and skin tone. Of course I am completely partial to Colour Forecasts 3 and 4. Forecast 3 is filled with plums and burgundies which I just adore. There is a limited edition eye shadow palate containing shades like Pink Mink, Bruised Plum, Black Tulip and Jungle Moon. Forecast 4 is filled with golden hues of amber and pearl. Of course these shades excite me to no end considering how much I love to incorporate golden tones into everyday wardrobe. There is a fabulous Nail Lacquer called Abalone Shell which I am DYING to get my hands on. You can pick up your own M∙A∙C Spring Colour Forecast Feb 11th, 2010 – April 2010.

In addition we all know that Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (no longer in Bryant Park) starts next Friday February 12 to Friday, February 19, 2010. I have only been to Fashion Week once, and it certainly is an experience. MAC has paired with some of their supporters to release MAC & Milk which is an exclusive runway-ready collection of makeup essentials suited to every shade of skin (their words not mine) that I am positive will make for a versatile, face in a flash combo for Fashion Week makeup artists. Great nude and earthy shades of foundation, Mineralize Skinfinish and lipsticks are all present, as well as fabulous bases and skin preparations to enhance any runway look.

0 comments: