Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Elegant Fall

So I've been told that the newest fall trend isn't the shine we all seemed to covet this summer. The latest look is all about matte finish cosmetics, and of course you know who has that whole trend on lock.

MAC's new Matte2 and Mattene lines are a great way to get into the fall flawlessly. Matte2, which is a combination of high intensity pigments and matte textures brings out the beauty in fall eyes with colors that beautifully pair with those cool weather fashions.

There are 16 crease free flat texture shades to love (several of which incorporate fall's "IT" shade purple) and range from the brightest of berries in Post Haste to the richest of Aqua's in Clarity.

I know folks are afraid of color, but there is no reason to shy away from these beautiful shades. My new loves are Copperplate which is a muted mid-tone grey. This one goes so well with my collection of beautiful grey sweaters and skirts. I get a ton of compliments on it. I also love the silky smooth tone of Handwritten, which is a rich chocolate brown. This was a perfect match for my beautiful camel sweater coat and wide-leg chocolate brown pants. Flourishing, which is a rich moss green is the greatest for a hint of color that works well with my fall khaki's and sweaters.



In addition there are 5 great new Liquidlast Liners that are perfect to pair with the Matte2 eye colors. They are all waiting for you right at the MAC counter and of course online and you know you have the best fall outfit just waiting for that right pop of color that makes you stand out from the crowd.

Now ladies, I ask you what are fabulous eyes without a flattering lip color? You wouldn't leave your house half dressed so why leave with just the Matte2 line? Mattene is the perfect match for that great fall eye color. I was instantly in love with its new sleek and slim design. I love all things vintage, and these instantly reminded me of the 1940's glamour.

Of course I was immediately partial to Classic Dame, which I think is the perfect shade of red. I was so excited to test this one out with a great menswear inspired suit and spike heel oxford pumps. Not only is the color amazing but its long lasting and I didn't find myself having to re-apply. Its flawless matte finish lasted for hours without feathering and my lips were soft and supple.

I also love Flattering, which lives up to its name in a beige pink and Cafe Matte which I can pair with almost any look for a beautiful finished lip. They are super wearable and moisturizing. 16 great Mattene shades await you at MAC so please don't wait. Fall is here and these colors wont last.

0 comments: