Wednesday, January 17, 2007


This year I am trying to make an effort to step up my beauty game, which of course isnt easy but as Jay-Z reminds us - 30 is the new 20 and "I'm all grown up".

One of the things I almost never do is wear shadow unless its a special occasion. I need to break myself of that bad habit. I've been told time and time again that the eyes are the windows to the soul and why leave them sitting there with one busted mini blind and a sheet for draperies? Even on the most normal of days there is always something you can do to play up your eyes. Recently I have been experimenting a lot with palettes.

Sephora's new eye palettes have been on my radar for a while now so I recently picked one up. They are compact, go anywhere little discs filled with beautiful complementary shades that can give your eyes that wow factor, even on a regular day at the office.

Bourjois is a line I have recently discovered and they have these adorable little palettes called eyeshadow trios. They come in 7 shade combinations and at $18 are a steal.

Another palette I like is the limited edition Smashbox Eye Shadow Quad. All the shades can be used individually or together. This one can go from day to night easily. Lastly, DuWop makes a palette that I must have called Brown Eyes...it is fileld with rich shdes of chocolate with a base color in darker and lighter hues with a highlighter.

I am going to try and do better and these shades are perfect for a day at the office or a night on the town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I tried to make that commitment, too, but it didn't last long. I should be ashamed of myself - I'm a make-up artist! But for real - most days, I put on concealer, powder, mascara, lipgloss and blush and roll out the door. I'm surprised I get around to that much!

Avin said...

Thats exactly what I do, and I never stop to think about my eyes. I really love the way they look with a great color too, but its so hard for me to remember.

Anonymous said...

i have the duwop pallete in rose eyes, and i LOVE it! the shadows are soft and have lots of pigment and i can create the perfect "i just had my makeup done by kevyn aucoin" eyes with it! def a great buy...;)