Thursday, January 18, 2007

5 Things You Dont Know About Me...

I got tagged by themakeupgirl to complete 5 things you don’t know about me. I am never very good at these things since I am typically an open book but since not many of you know me personally I guess there are some things folks don’t know.

I am also tagging J of City-itis, Life of a Ladybug, All About the Pretty and Eye4Style.

1. I hate taking pictures. Honestly, I feel horrible when someone comes at me with a camera. I never quite know what to do and every picture I have ever seen of myself looks flat out crazy. Like escaped mental patient crazy. Themakeupgirl would argue that isn’t really the case, but I try to stay out of the camera as much as possible.

2. I am a huge fan of MAC cosmetics. Shocked I am sure, but what you don’t know is that my purse, cabinets and home are overflowing with the stuff. I could set up my own store just based on the products I have unopened in my room. It’s a strange addiction that I don’t think I will ever beat.

3. I used to be a world class forger. My skills have diminished as Ive gotten older, but I am still pretty good at copying. I used to be so good that I could sign someone elses name for them after just looking at their signature on paper once. I am glad I never used my powers for evil…okay I skipped class a lot but that’s not important now.

4. I own over 200 pairs of shoes and at least 70 of those are black. I have so many that they are in bins all over the place. When I moved in October I had to put all of the summer shoes into storage, the winter shoes are in three seperate bins in my room and I have two full 30 count shoe cubbies that are filled.

5. I have been told almost daily since I was a child that I look like a celebrity. No, I will not tell you who, but its been a source of irritation for as long as I can remember because the celebrity had a pretty popular TV show a few years back and I will never get folks to stop calling me by her show name.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

You are definitely my kind if girl...

Julia is one of my best girlfriends and she can tell you I live for shoes and work for MAC literally.

I can so feel your pain(or should I say pleasure!)

Take care,
Tanya

eye4style said...

I haven't forgotten you! Simply crazed and neglecting my blog:(

Make-up Junkie said...

Love the site! I too have a suitcase full of MAC make-up and many more brands! Working at MAC also doesn't help my addiction to make-up. Check out my site if you get a chance: www.make-upjunkie.blogspot.com. Look forward to more posts!

Joy

Anonymous said...

If you love MAC you need to check out this awesome new collection thats just hitting stores (and i'm not just saying that b/c i work with MAC!). The collection is called Barbie loves MAC and it is a line of Barbie inspired cosmetics from all her fabulous looks through the years. Check out the new sassy colors at www.barbielovesmac.com. I promise- you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

If you love MAC I suggest checking out the new line- Barbie Loves MAC that MAC cosmetics and Mattel just came out with. I work with MAC but thats not why i'm mentioning it- i'm just seriously obsessed with MAC! Its very cool- all the makeup is inspired by her unique fashion throughout the years. They have a special website for the collection www.barbielovesmac.com. You can see the colors and there’s a tote-bag and t-shirt you can only get online.