Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Beauty Diva's Guide to 2007


Starting the New Year off right is important whether you make resolutions or not. I decided that this year is the year to get more serious about my health and beauty rituals. I know you are thinking "how could this girl get any more serious about beauty" but every beauty diva could stand to step up her game now and then.

First on my list is my hair. I have blogged about my "instant afro" before, but I didn't go into much detail. This year I vow to see my local stylist on a much more regular basis. I visit a very busy super affordable Dominican Salon in my hometown. I love how soft and beautiful my hair looks after a visit, but I have been pretty lazy about going. This will change in the 07 as I have decided to visit every two weeks as my stylist has suggested for so that my hair may reach its full growth, health and beauty potential. In addition I have found a few really great products to keep my hair moist and beautiful between visits.

Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

I love this product for so may reasons, its the one thing I can count on to make my hair beautiful, whether its just after a wash or just to add moisture before I flat iron it. I love that I can use it as an overnight treatment or a quick moisturizer anytime. I stumbled upon it a few years ago and started telling everyone about it. I also found out its the only product that keeps my sons dry scalp in check all winter long.

Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

I was hipped to this by a friend who swears by it for her curly locks. Its the perfect moisturizer for wet and dry hair and wont get sticky if you reapply mid day. Its conditioning formula utilizes Shea and almond oil and it actually holds my curls without making them limp or heavy. I really love it for my edges and ends especially on a windy winter day.

Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercream

Yes this is one of my all time favorites and no I cant believe I pay $60 for it either. Honestly, its worth every penny. When I want my hair super straight and soft without frizzies I use this to blow my hair out. Its got a tingly slightly peppermint feel to it and it combats moisture and heat while locking in moisture. I once found myself without this and had to express order some...it was tragic.

Start your New Year off right with beautiful healthy hair!

0 comments: