Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nivea Goodbye Cellulite Challenge!!


About a month ago I got the opportunity to try out Nivea’s One Month Goodbye Cellulite Program and I am here to tell you all about the results. When I received the program I was a little nervous about it. I have tried firming creams, and cellulite reducers and I have had minimal to no luck with them. Wishful thinking does not produce results, so I went in to this test full of both hope and skepticism.

The program consists of three separate but conjoined products that work together to reduce the appearance of cellulite in 4 weeks. It includes the Good-bye Cellulite Gel cream, and the NIVEA body Good-bye Cellulite Capsules. I wanted to attempt to take the capsules, but honestly, I just can’t take any old pill because my skin is hyper-sensitive and anything is liable to set it off. So I left that part of the program to my dear friend Erica. I decided to go straight for the NIVEA body Good-bye Cellulite Patches. This is something that I can totally handle. They instructed that 2 to 3 times a week I should adhere the patches to the portions of my skin that had cellulite. I admit that after a winter of pretty much not working out at all, I went a little overboard. I had those patches everywhere. I looked like a big band-aid but I happily went to bed with my cellulite patches on hoping for the best.

Here is a breakdown of the progress:

Patches - Me


Week 1

No change

Week 2

Small difference

Got stuck to bedsheets

Reduced the amount of patches

Week 3

Smoother Appearance

Brave enough to entertain wearing shorts

Week 4

Dramatic difference

Bought shorts for the first time in 5 years and didn’t cry

Wore them last weekend

Cream & Pills - Erica

Week 1

No change

Week 2

Small change stopped taking pills, felt they upset her stomach

Week 3

Smoother Appearance

Not dramatic though

Week 4

Liked the firmness

Thought perhaps the pills & cream worked harder together.

Overall Results For Both Products

The results are overall very positive for something that can be purchased over the counter. We would both recommend giving them a shot as we would definitely use them again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I did not have any results with Nivea products, though..
I find massages, scrubs and healthy lifestyle, plus exercising, work much better for cellulite.

The App Goddess said...

Wow! I reported on this a month ago when it came out.

Just imagine what would have happened if you used everything together!

New England fine living said...

I think I would try the topical. taking something to swallow for cellulite makes me a bit nervous. I am a young 40 something, I work out and eat almost right, but still have that nasty stuff on the back of my thighs. I laughed when I read about sticking to the bed sheets. My husband would never let me hear the end of it!

Anonymous said...

Using the patches now, and am on week 2. Im definetely digging the results I have seen thus far. Note to self: wear patches to bed, not under pants. I had a coworker ask what I was hiding on my thighs hahaha